Location: Remote/Onsite - Atlanta, Georgia
Type: Full time
Salary range: $30,000 to $35,000 with benefits and vacation time based on experience level
Reports to: Web Development & Operations Manager
Layla Grayce and Zinc Door seek a creative, conceptual and self-motivated copywriter to craft compelling and engaging copy for a variety of needs across both unique brands, including product descriptions and editing/assisting with marketing content. The right candidate must convey highly effective written communication skills, reflecting a strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and informatively while maintaining each distinct brand's unique and established voice. Strong candidates will possess a degree in English, creative writing, journalism or advertising as well as at least two years experience writing professionally.
*Note: As part of Layla Grayce and Zinc Door's virtual web team, the position is remote and allows you to work from the comfort of your own home. Applicant must be a resident Georgia and available to work at a physical location in the Metro Atlanta area when needed.
The following qualities are essential:
- Ability to hit tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive attitude
- Preferably, the right person will present a passion for interiors and thorough knowledge of furniture terminology.
- Experience in retail is a plus, but not mandatory.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Write compelling, concise and SEO-driven product descriptions that engage and inform the consumer while capturing the brand voice
- Interact with vendors to both collect product information and specifics while building strong, lasting relationships
- Create and edit blog content that attracts and builds Layla Grayce's readership base
- Develop strategic copy for marketing materials to influence sales and strengthen brand reputation
- Lead/participate in team projects to strengthen site content, such as research on SEO best practices, marketing copy trends, vendor reviews, etc.
- Perform copy-related updates and edits throughout both sites as need be
- Maintain awareness of general consumer, market and retail trends within the industry
- Proofread site work to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm ET
Send resume, cover letter, applicable writing samples, and salary history/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Layla Grayce, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer