Q&A with Jessie Steele’s Claire Steele
Just in time for the holiday party season we bring you a featured Q&A by the master hostess of all.
“Hi everyone, this is Claire Steele Co-Founder and Designer for Jessie Steele aprons. I am so pleased Layla Grayce asked me to be their featured blogger, we have greatly enjoyed working with them over the years!
Best, Claire Steele
- Tell us a bit about your company’s history. What was the inspiration for starting your business?
- Our inspiration was the desire to celebrate home and family and friends. We love to entertain and enjoy time with the ones that matter the most. When we started Jessie Steele there was nothing like it, aprons were very utilitarian. We thought, “why not look great, feel great, and add some more life and color to the moment!”
- What influences your design and color selection?
- This comes from the heart. It is whatever we feel at the moment, and above all else we want people to feel great when they put on a Jessie Steele apron.
- Is there a favorite design or design concept this season?
- This season we are loving the Sophia lace, it is elegant and perfect for that little black dress!
- Do you have a favorite design related blog that you enjoy or are inspired by?
- I am just now getting into blogs, and I don’t have one quite yet but would love to find some great ones to get inspiration from. I am open to suggestions!!
- What’s new ahead in the way of trends or product features?
- We are going very bright for spring this year. We feel that the less happy the times, the happier our product should be. We get enjoyment from life wherever we can.
- Is your company “Green” or do you have some sort of community outreach program?
- We are launching a re-useable tote line for spring, and it will be available for pre-sale shortly. We are very excited about this as it is the cutest re-useable bag I have seen! Also we donate to local food charities, and strongly believe in supporting our community. Helping to provide food for those in need it top priority for us.
Inspired to host your own soiree? Leave a comment on our blog letting us know which Jessie Steele apron is your favorite and why, and you could be one of the 3 lucky winners to receive the Sophia Black Lace Hostess Apron and the Cabbage Rose Pot Mitt. If you’re a facebook fan, your comments left directly below this posting will also be accepted in to the giveaway. You can also enter in both places for dual entries.
Hurry! Entries will be closed at 6pm ET on Thursday December 10, 2009.