Guest Blogger Q&A – Little Giraffe’s Trish Moreno
Welcome, welcome Trish Moreno of Little Giraffe! You represent one of our best selling and best known brands. We are dying to pick your brain on all exciting happenings in your company right now, and hear more about your poignant outreach efforts. Readers, stay tuned for details below for another fabulous giveaway!
I am honored to be a guest blogger on Layla Grayce! You?Äôve always carried such an extensive selection of Little Giraffe products, beautifully showcased and easy to search & purchase. We hear rave reviews of your customer service too, so we are proud to have our collections carried on your site!
Trish Moreno, CEO Little Giraffe
- Tell us a bit about your company?Äôs history. What was the inspiration for starting your business?
- Little Giraffe was founded in 2000 by a busy new mom who wanted a soft cozy blanket for her baby that was also easy-care. In the beginning, she offered a few select blankets in the softest fabrics available. The blankets were a huge success and filled a void in the market. Little Giraffe grew to become known for creating the coziest, and most luxurious?Äîyet practical?Äîblankets, blankys and baby accessories on the market. I joined the Little Giraffe team in 2009, and bring 20 years of experience in merchandising and marketing to this well-loved brand. I am supported by an amazing team, including the company?Äôs original founder who remains on board as Director of Design & Development. We?Äôre committed to providing products that are true to the brand that our customers have fallen in love with over the last decade.
- What influences your design and color selection?
- We always want to provide the softest, most sumptuous fabrics for our products, and make everything machine washable so it?Äôs easy to care for. We carry a range of essential, versatile colors like pink, blue, cream, mocha and celadon, and then we have fun experimenting with bold colors like aqua and raspberry. We?Äôve streamlined our entire collection, keeping our most popular color and fabric combinations, and will always introduce new trend collections to keep the line fresh.
- Is there a favorite design or design concept this season?
- We are so excited about our newest reversible blanket that features our popular Luxe faux fur on one side and reverses to a soft diamond quilted fabric with a coordinating satin border, available in pink or blue. It?Äôs a modern take on a traditional style blanket, and it?Äôs machine washable like everything in our collection. We?Äôve also just launched the Lollipop Collection, which is white chenille with a dot satin back and a sweet striped satin border. Both of these new collections have been extremely popular since we debuted them at market this month.
- Do you have a favorite design related blog that you enjoy or are inspired by?
- I wish I had more time to read and follow the blog circuit. When I have a chance, I like to check in with Design*Sponge, and I am always inspired by Brocade Home?Äôs blog. I also subscribe to The Cool Hunter – they travel the world so I don?Äôt have to! I am an artist in my ?Äúspare?Äù time, so I view everything with a design eye and find inspiration in unlikely places, too.
- What?Äôs new ahead in the way of trends or product features?
- We?Äôve listened to our customers who have fallen in love with our blankets for their kids and want the same ultra-soft products for themselves. We have recently launched a line of throws for home interiors so grown-ups like us can cuddle up with the softest, most luxurious blankets in the market! We also find that babies who are raised with Little Giraffe blankets won?Äôt accept anything less as they grow out of their blankys, so we had to make throws for their ?Äúbig kid?Äù beds.
- Is your company ?ÄúGreen?Äù or do you have some sort of community outreach program?
- Little Giraffe believes in supporting our community and is committed to philanthropic endeavors. We often provide our products and support to several organizations throughout the year. Most recently we participated in ?ÄúOperation Jump for Joy?Äù aboard the USS Midway to honor military families and to benefit Snowball Express, the charity for children of fallen military heroes since Sept. 11, 2001. We were thrilled to provide about $40,000 worth of our products to support this organization, and to help a child who has lost a parent find some comfort through Little Giraffe.
Its giveaway time! Little Giraffe wants you to experience their product first hand and is offering their best selling Chenille Baby Blanket, Chenille Security Blanket and Chenille Hooded Towel set to one lucky winner. To enter: Become a fan Layla Grayce and Little Giraffe on Facebook. Leave a comment on the Layla Grayce Facebook page below this posting or right here on the blog telling us what your favorite Little Giraffe item is. Winner selected at random, contest closes on 1/31 6pm, est.
Congrats to Kristin Howard Goldmacher, the lucky winner of Little Giraffe’s giveaway!