With holiday entertaining around the corner, we’re looking for stylish ways to dress up a table to impress our guests. Maureen Anders and Adria Ruff, designers and co-founders of Anders Ruff Custom Designs, have created a classic Fall Harvest printable collection in earthy hues to add a special touch whether you’re sharing cupcakes at a school event or hosting a formal Thanksgiving feast. Here’s an exclusive first peek for Layla Grayce readers along with tips from Anders Ruff for transforming your table wear for the special occasion. And read on for details of a generous giveaway!
- Involve the whole family or even your guests in the design. Spend the month completing “I am Thankful” cards and use as part of the display – we strung them along the dessert table with natural twine and old-fashioned clothespins. We also displayed apples from a recent apple-picking trip on candleholders for a pop of color.
- Wrapping paper and patterned papers are an excellent and economical embellishment to use on table tops, buffets and box risers (see the dessert table). We wanted to use antique irish linens to keep with tradition, but created a rustic feel by making a table runner with a textured craft wrapping paper. The theme was carried to the favor, drink and dessert tables as well.
- Canning jars make perfect favor containers. We involved the children in making homemade cranberry applesauce. To make our favor unique, we layered in cranberry sauce into the jars to create a beautiful layering effect. We personalized and coordinated the lid with a logo from our collection.
- Dressing up your everyday dishes with a custom fabric charger gives a dramatic effect without breaking the bank. We secured burlap to cardboard cake rounds to make these chargers.
- Backdrops are a great way to transform your room for a thanksgiving feast. Find fabric and cover a large canvas or duct board (found at any hardware store) to create a dessert or food buffet backdrop. Tie in colors from your backdrop onto your tabletop.
- Consider a cider and wine bar for your beverage stand. We served spiced cider from an oversize Ball glass container. We dressed up Ball glass mugs with a stick of cinnamon and coordinated printed paper, and also detailed the wine bottles with raffia and logos from our collection.
It’s giveaway time! Anders Ruff is generously offering one lucky winner the entire Fall Harvest collection and this Customized Invitation Design (includes Anders Ruff personalization services). To enter, tell us your favorite thing about fall here or on our Facebook page. Contest ends at 6pm EST on Friday, October 15.
Congrats to Marissa, winner of our Anders Ruff giveaway!
Photography by Becca Bond Photography