To market, to market, to shop for our store… And to report back on the latest home decor and fashion trends for 2011. First up is the Atlanta market report which is known for it’s array of home accessories, gifts and products for women
- Birds: Birds are often representative of wisdom, freedom and peace. A common theme in accessories for the home along with aviaries were seen throughout showrooms, even on Bedhead’s new spring line included parrots, their pj’s called Polly. Love!
- A Curated Style: Most of you have already seen the reemergence of this “found” look in furniture and home accessories. In general, there’s a desire & demand for our lives to feel more comforting so we see this historical, world well-traveled movement that’s putting us in touch with our ancestral roots and bringing us “closer to the land” with earthy materials used. While we enjoy this popular European trend, we prefer our muted neutral tones of cream, flax and grey linens mixed with punches of color.
- Pillows & Rugs: With much of the neutral home furnishings and lighting pieces dominating interiors as described above, we were thrilled to see color lead the way in bold prints in pillows and rugs merging two looks together.
- Crosses: Certainly not a new trend however there seems to be a resurgence of the cross symbol influencing home décor. We sat down with one of our fave jewelry vendors, noticing she had introduced an extraordinary amount of beautiful cross designs. In discussing the trending use of crosses we were seeing in home décor, she mentioned that people are seeking faith as a way to cope with current stressors like the economy. Crosses for many represent love and faith.
- Crowns: A common decor theme throughout. It occurred to us that with the impending Royal Wedding, this may be the reason we’re seeing this as a popular adornment.
- Typography: House Beautiful reported this trending in 2010 & it’s gained momentum. They stated “No dictionary is required to appreciate the alphabet-inspired trend. Graphic patterns of letters and numbers popped up on everything.” We saw it on furniture, pillows and even sconces and mirrors and it grew on us!
That’s the Atlanta market recap, and we’ll be reporting back after our next market appointments to keep you up on all the latest. So what’s your favorite trend of this bunch? Vote on your favorite and be sure to leave a comment below or on our Facebook page to be entered to win a $100 Layla Grayce gift certificate (to get you started feathering your nest with this year’s trends). Voting ends on Wednesday, February 2nd and a winner will be announced the following day.