Serena Drum Chandelier from Oly Studio in Tiffany’s newly decorated home
Layla Grayce co-founder Tiffany Harris is our resident design maven, interior designer and certified color consultant. While she can often be found scouting the shows for the latest trends and new products, today she takes a few moments to share her love of LG, what inspires her and also gives us a sneak peek into her newly decorated home (which of course features some of her favorite Layla Grayce products!)
What’s been the best part of starting Layla Grayce?
The relationships we have built with our vendors, customers and employees have been the best part. Layla Grayce wouldn’t be where we are today without all of the support from them as well as our families. Also the ability to go to work each day and build a business I am passionate about is a dream come true. It is an immense amount of work to run your own business, but it is also very rewarding to look back at where we started and how much we have grown.
What has surprised you most, how is LG different than you expected?
Well to start, it has been a lot harder to create an online business than ever expected. When we started almost 7 years ago, there weren’t other online stores like us so we didn’t know what we were getting ourselves into. But once we began building Layla Grayce, there was no stopping us (and still isn’t!) Being your own boss means that you are typically the last one to leave at night, work on weekends and also while on vacation. You imagine that if you run your own business you can come and go as you please, but the reality is that finding and making time to spend with family and friends is often the greatest challenge.
Describe your style in 5 words or less.
I’m going to stretch this one a little bit – 5 words just isn’t enough! Traditional-modern, vintage-inspired, eclectic, serene, inviting.
Give us a peek into your style obsessions, faves, inspirations and guilty pleasures!
- Signature colors: White, grey, camel, linen, seaglass blue, navy blue, splash of hot pink or yellow.
- Favorite Layla Grayce items for the home: Dakota Sofa by Oly Studio, Serena Drum Chandelier from Oly Studio and Jamie Young Mother of Pearl Lamp.
- Favorite item under $100: Lollia – I am obsessed with the entire “In-Love” collection, but I think the Sea Salt Sachet Set makes a great gift and the packaging is sublime!
- Favorite coffee table books: Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People, Hue by Kelly Wearstler and Classic Homes of Los Angeles by Douglas Woods.
- Favorite fashion item: shoes – without a doubt.
- I cannot live without: my iphone, laptop, dvr, vitamin water and the ocean.
- My favorite place on earth: sitting on the beach, preferably in Hawaii, reading a book next to my sweet husband.
- My favorite guilty pleasures: gelato and salty chips.
- I am inspired by: my parents, my husband and being of service to those less fortunate.
- A cause I care deeply about: Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles, 5 Acres.org.
- You’d be surprised to know: I enjoy watching ice hockey and formula 1 racing, love warm weather surfing and oil painting.
IT’S GIVEAWAY TIME
We are “So in Love” – with Tiffany’s favorite Lollia collection! Enter to win the 4 piece set shown at left by leaving a comment below or on our Facebook page before the end of the day Tuesday, 2/8/11.
Congrats to Dana Smyth, the winner of the Lollia In Love collection.