Kate Landers here, with the latest in sweet celebrations, focusing this week on baby shower trends (the perfect opportunity to shower the mom-to-be in style). Whether it’s an elegant high tea, rustic backyard luncheon or an afternoon of spa treatments at a resort, these days there is plenty of room for creativity and design. Vintage decorations and home made desserts are just as popular as contemporary table settings and custom-catered brunches. 5 Current Trends For Stylish Baby Showers:
- Fresh color-schemes: Out are the days of just pink or blue. Current favorites are yellow & gray, peach & silver, tangerine & lime.
- Vintage Milkglass Vases: Pull out your grandmother’s finest hobnail pieces, or start a new collection. Milkglass vases are making a big comeback, shown here as the perfect baby shower centerpiece.
- Striped Paper Straws: Popular for many social occasions, striped paper straws are making their appearance at baby showers, adding a bit of whimsy and reinforcing color-schemes. Allowing guests to sip from these straws from classic jars, glasses or out of baby bottles is just darling!
- Pampered Guests: Popular baby shower activities include poolside spa treatments, or mixing their own favorite new scent as seen above at a “Coco Chanel”-inspired baby shower.
- Household Decorations: Beloved household items are now serving double-duty as celebration decor, and is an ever-popular trend for baby showers. Whether it is repurposing a vintage-style frame, chandelier, cake stand or decorative bird cages, these items are reinforcing themes and breathing new life into what you had stashed in the cupboard.
Fresh Color Schemes: top photo, styling by Blair Britt Events, photo by Alice Hu Photography, bottom image styling by Hanna of Lollacup, photos by Caroline Tran Photography.
Vintage Milkglasss Vases: styling by Sweet Emilia Jane, photos by Captured by Aimee.
Striped Paper Straws: top and lower left image styling & photography by Bellini Portraits, lower right image styling by Sweet Emilia Jane, photo by Captured by Aimee.
Pampered Guests: styling by Blair Britt Events, photo by Alice Hu Photography.
Household Decorations: styling & photography by Frog Prince Paperie