Get To Know: Tara Shaw (And Enter Our Giveaway)
Clockwise from top: Tara Shaw Maison French Biblioteque, pearls, Tara Shaw Maison Venetian Mirror, Tara Shaw Maison Swedish Rococo Bench, Tara Shaw Maison Italian Fauteuil
Tara Shaw Maison Italian Fauteuil Chair, Tara Shaw Maison Italian Table with Mirrored Top, Tara Shaw Maison Gilded Iron Cachepot on table, Tara Shaw Maison French Biblioteque, Tara Shaw Maison Vellum Books (on shelves)
Tara Shaw Maison pieces: Swedish Side Chairs, Swedish Formal Dining Table, on table: French Grande Polished Cloche, Italian Four Light Candelabras and French Grande Polished Platter, Large 12 Arm Italian Chandelier, Swedish Corner Cabinet shown with Shell Jute Tassle on upper cabinet door, 2 French Petite Matte Cloches and French Moyen Polished Cloche
Tara Shaw Maison French Jardiniere displayed on French Wooden Pedestal flanking the Tara Shaw Maison Shelter Sofa in Belgian Linen with Pillows and Tara Shaw Maison Swedish Rococo Coffee Table
Tara Shaw Maison Italian Four Light Candelabras (2), Tara Shaw Maison French Grande Polished Cloche on French Grande Polished Platter, Tara Shaw Maison French Polished Compote with Tara Shaw Maison Gilded Italian Lantern suspended overhead
Tara Shaw is the epitome of New Orleans charm, from her southern accent to the French flair of her designs. As both an interior designer and importer of antiquities, she’s long been bringing the best of her European finds back for her clients. Now with the introduction of her gorgeous collection of antique reproductions, Tara Shaw Maison, it’s almost like hiring Tara for your own home! We’re thrilled to introduce you to the fabulous woman behind the collection and give you a chance to win one of her amazing pieces.
Give us a peek into your personal style, faves, inspirations and guilty pleasures!
- Signature colors: Typically, I work in neutrals for interiors and wear black or cream (I travel a lot and it takes the planning out of packing!) But I think each space calls for a fresh idea; never cookie cutter. Right now I am working on a showcase house in LA (House of Windsor) where I used orange and taupe accented with black and my sepia art pieces.
- My 5 favorite Tara Shaw Maison designs: I always list the Maison Biblioteque as my favorite (it was the piece that made me start my reproduction line). I have the Rococo bench in the front foyer of my home and a pair of Maison black lanterns over the bar in my contemporary kitchen. The Silverleaf Venetian Mirror hangs over a vanity in my powder room, juxtaposed with contemporary German chrome fixtures, and last but definitely not least, the tall back Italian Fauteuil is in my living room, a favorite chair for my husband!
- Coffee table book I love: Style by John Saladino
- My favorite place on Earth is: Lucca, Italy.
- Cause I care deeply about: The inner city of New Orleans. We work with a program that helps men and women get a new start. We have used the participants in their addiction recovery program as our workforce for many years.
- In my handbag right now: Burt’s Bees for lips, dog treats for the 2 whippets that travel with me, a Maison Pearson hairbrush, my iPhone and vitamins.
- My guilty pleasure is: Shopping for antique jewelry.
- The superpower I would love to have: Being able to time travel.
- You’d be surprised to know: I cook for my husband almost every night I am home.
- My signature go-to fashion item: Pearls, pearls, pearls! I don’t care if I am in flip flops or a long gown, I have my pearls on.
IT’S GIVEAWAY TIME!
Tara’s bringing her southern hospitality along. One lucky winner will receive her French Petite Cloche and Platter (retail value $134) in matte finish. Comment below or on Facebook, telling us what your favorite Tara Shaw Maison piece is and why and you’re entered to win. Contest closes at end of the day, Wednesday, June 22nd.
Congrats to Christine Ash Perry!