Get To Know: Kristen Chase of CoolMomPicks.com
Kristen Chase, Publisher & CEO of CoolMomPicks.com and CoolMomTech.com, is currently residing in Atlanta. By way of Philly. By way of Mississippi. In her former life she was a published textbook author, musician, college professor and designer shoe glutton, all of which she’s traded for a satisfying new position as pilot’s wife and work-at-home-parent. What she has not given up, however, is excellent taste, a sense of humor and her avid support of mom-run businesses and the online community of parents. Kristen has been seen on The Today Show and CBS Atlanta and in various publications talking about shopping and parenting culture. She’s also known for her hilarious and helpful book, The Mominatrix Guide to Sex based on her popular column of the same name.
Kristen tries to stay as cool as possible (in all senses of word) while parenting her daughters Quinlan, Margot and Bridget, and her son, Drew.
Give us a peek into your personal style, faves and hot trends to watch out for!
- My signature colors: I love neutrals – like browns or army greens, but I always try to add a pop of color with my accessories. Lately, it’s orange or a deep purple.
- 5 things in my handbag right now: My iPhone, my Moleskine for Target journal, Korres lip gloss, Cool Mom Picks/Cool Mom Tech business cards, and a whole lot of crayons.
- Trends I have my eye on: Stripes! I can’t get enough. Yes, even horizontal ones.
- The superpower I would love to have: To ensure my kids’ health and happiness. And to make Ryan Reynolds appear on my doorstep. (Ha!)
- I can’t live without: My iPhone. It’s about 7 gadgets (possibly more) in one and it makes life as a business owner and mom of four much easier.
- My favorite place on Earth is: Kauai.
- Music I am listening to: I’m obsessed with Caspar Babypants! Yes, I know, it’s a kids album, but it’s pretty catchy for adults too.
- Plans I’ve got in the works right now: We’re thrilled to have launched CoolMomTech.com in October. That and my new baby girl (born almost on exactly the same day) keep me busy!
- Layla Grayce items I covet: Ella Moss Margarita Top The stripes + the subtly embellished neckline = casual perfection! Look how far kids furniture has come. This Jennifer Delonge chair is amazing (and I need one in my size). Rikshaw Design Bloomers – I have a bit of an obsession with bloomers for babies whether it’s under a dress or alone paired with a sweet tee or onesie. Anchors away!