This giveaway has now ended. Winner will be announced shortly.
Kate Landers here again! I can’t wait to provide you with inspiration for your holiday gatherings. This month, I had the tremendous pleasure of styling some of the gorgeous products from Layla Grayce. The linen tablecloth, oval platters and mugs from Pom Pom at Home totally stunned me with their timeless beauty, and the “Frosty Tin Marshmallow” full apron from Ice Milk Aprons is beyond fabulous (The packaging alone is striking!). I have been a fan of the cake pedestals from Rosanna for years, and these absolutely darling petite pedestals with mini glass domes are no exception. Using these favorites from Layla Grayce, I’ve shared some ideas for hosting a Cocoa and Cookies gathering with your neighbors, family and friends below.
P.S. Scroll down below to learn how you can win all of the Layla Grayce products featured in this post!
1) Creating A Rustic and Sophisticated Style: I wanted to create a simple, nature-influenced dessert table inspired for the winter season. Products such as the natural linen tablecloth and classically elegant white crown platters and mugs were a fantastic way to create this look. A rustic wood planked backdrop, burlap ribbon attached to a dreamy green wreath and custom printables with a hand-painted feel added a variety of texture and style. Even desserts were created in warm earthy tones. Clean, pure, and sweet!
2) “Snow-covered” Desserts: Mounds of mini marshmallows look like snow on dark chocolate hot cocoa, and classic gingerbread cookies adorned with sugar crystals and white icing also showcase a snow-kissed look (snowflake shaped cookies only help provide a beautiful visual for this theme). To complement with extra sweetness, mini baked gingerbread donuts are blanketed in a white “snowy” frosting—how festive! Re-create the creamy white chocolate coating on the divinity puffs using icing, marshmallows and white chocolate drizzled over your desserts to add to the entire theme.
3) Dessert Presentation: I kept the desserts for this table very simple. Offering three desserts is the perfect amount to provide choices and a lovely look to your guests without overwhelming them. I opted for easy-to-grab desserts such as the mini baked donuts and divinity puffs stacked on pedestals and platters. One of my favorite details of this table (and perhaps the easiest to create!) are the mini dessert pedestals covered in clear glass domes, creating a “dessert snow globe.” To get this look, simply place your favorite sweet on a pedestal, coat with powdered sugar if you wish, and cover with the dome!
4) Hot Beverage Station: Creating a hot cocoa toppings bar allows your guests to sweeten their cocoa with mint, caramel, whipped cream or marshmallows (among other sweet or salty treats!). I recommend also serving hot apple cider, coffee and tea to give your guests a variety of warm beverages to select from in addition to the cocoa.
5) Recipe Card Exchange: I absolutely love finding new recipes for the holidays, and cookie recipes are always a favorite! When mailing your invitation, include 3-5 recipe cards for the guest to bring filled out with their favorite cookie recipe. Then everyone at the party can go home with at least one new recipe to try at home. Share the yummy love!
6) Hostess Gift: I am completely smitten with the Ice Milk apron featuring that gorgeous large crisp bow front and center (though you could tie it a variety of ways). Packaged in an oversized Mason jar, it has such a beautiful presentation, and offers the perfect gift for the hostess. Another favorite detail: the apron colors are so neutral it can be used year-round!
Design, Styling & Photography: Kate Landers
Printables & Backdrop Designs: Anders Ruff Custom Designs
Backdrop Printing: Print My Picture Online
Cookies: Flourish Sweet Shop
Baked Mini Donuts: Green Mountain Mini Baked
Divinity Puffs: Sees Candies
Enter to Win Kate’s Holiday Tablescape!
Bring delicious holiday inspiration into your home! Impress family and guests when you enter to win Kate’s essentials for a Cocoa and Cookies gathering, including Ice Milk’s Full Apron in Frosty Tin Marshmallow, a set of four Crown white mugs and Crown white oval serving plates by Pom Pom at Home, and pedestals and mini domes by Rosanna!
IceMilk Full Apron Frosty Tin Marshmallow Personalized: Layla Grayce
Pom Pom at Home Crown White Mug Set of 4: Layla Grayce
Pom Pom at Home Crown White Oval Serving Plate Set of 4: Layla Grayce
Rosanna Decor Bon Bon Hue White Small Beaded Pedestal: Layla Grayce
Rosanna Glass Mini Dome: Layla Grayce
*Limit one entry per person. You must have a Facebook account, like Layla Grayce, and sign up for Layla Grayce newsletters in order to enter this giveaway. Giveaway closes December 17, 2014, at midnight PST. Winner will be selected at random and announced by December 22, 2014. Click here for official Layla Grayce contest rules.