Emily Hsieh is a freelance writer and and contributing editor at Lucky Magazine, where she has worked for more than a decade. She has also written for publications including Allure, InStyle, Glamour, Martha Stewart, and Travel + Leisure. The former New Yorker recently relocated to San Francisco, where she lives with her husband and 6 month old daughter.
Give us a peek into your personal style, faves and hot trends to watch out for!
- My signature colors: I’m big on black, white, and grey in varying shades, and I always come back to red and peacock blue when I’m craving something more vibrant.
- 5 things in my handbag right now: Aquaphor, a Smythson notebook in camel leather, enormous black Oliver Peoples sunglasses, lavender-scented hand sanitizing spray and a Canon digital camera.
- Trends I have my eye on: I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of ikat.
- The superpower I would love to have: The ability to instantly “beam” myself places, a la Star Trek.
- I can’t live without: Ballet flats—they’re comfy, chic, classic, and go with just about everything.
- My favorite place on Earth is: Poolside but overlooking the ocean with loved ones in Bali.
- What I’m reading: I’m reading Life: Keith Richards, which of course has me listening to a lot of Rolling Stones.
- Big plans in the works: I’m helping Madewell launch their tumblr blog—come find me there!
- Layla Grayce items I covet: Ikat Print Pillow with Red Piping . Yet another reminder of how much I love ikat, especially in colors as rich and bold as the red and magenta and red combo here. I love the rustic, slightly exotic vibe of this Arteriors Jarrod carved wood, drum-shaped lamp. And there’s something irresistibly pretty and ladylike about this ornate chinoiserie Oisaux et Fleurs Porcelain wallpaper, which would look great in a powder room.