Clockwise from top: Bliss Studio Z Accent Table in Gold and Bliss Studio Z Accent Table in Silver, DwellStudio Labyrinth Pillow in Citrine, Batavia Pillow in Citrine and Labyrinth Pillow in Ash, coco+kelley, Walnut Center Table and Eloquence Lyon Mirror
Cassandra LaValle is the editor behind the style blog coco+kelley where she explores trends in fashion, decor and entertaining, highlighting pieces that exude classic design and glamour. As a designer, she consults clients across the globe on styling their homes and private events from her offices in Seattle. Coco+kelley has been recognized by editors at Martha Stewart, House Beautiful and Sunset Magazine, and was honored to be listed on the London Times 50 Best Design Blogs.
Give us a peek into your personal style, faves and hot trends to watch out for!
- My signature colors: I love wearing red, kelly green and black, but for decor, I tend to go with more beachy tones – aquas, spring greens, shades of coral and orange, and tons of neutrals.
- 5 things in my handbag right now: I always have my iphone, chapstick, gum, hair ties and (duh) wallet. Those are my essentials!
- Trends I have my eye on: I love that green is coming back as a huge color for fall! I’m also happy to see this global/collective trend continue in home decor and on the runways. Embracing traditional pieces from other cultures and finding ways to reinvent them and mix them all together creates such a stunning visual treat. Educating our eye on the history of all these different pieces, patterns, and textiles is so fun. We’ve seen a lot the influence from Morocco, India, and even Native American, but I’m seeing a big Japanese influence coming into play now too. Very sculptural and origami inspired.
- The superpower I would love to have: The ability to clone myself. There’s never enough time in the day for one person to get it all done!
- I can’t live without: Art – and I mean that in the broadest sense of the word. Music, fashion, paintings, photography, architecture, landscape. Anything that comes from a core of creativity. It’s like food for me. Also my laptop comes in quite essential as a blogger. Add in a good pair of jeans and a comfy t-shirt and I’m pretty good to go.
- My favorite place on Earth is: My home. It’s the one place I can be alone, be totally me and have complete creative control over my environment. Of course, if I had to put my home anywhere in the world? Hmmm… that’s a tough one. It would definitely be on a beach, probably in some small seaside community just outside a big city. I need both in my world!
- Music I am listening to right now: I just finished a few books while on vacation – it’s the only time I have to sit and get through them! I read The Help, The Paris Wife and One Day. The Paris Wife made me want to revisit Hemmingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald. As for music, I listen to it ALL. Really loving my Seattle peeps, The Head and the Heart though.
- Big plans in the works: We’re working on a total redesign of the blog that I’m SUPER excited about! It’s going to freshen things up a bit and organize posts to be more searchable. I’m seeing the blog not only as a place for daily inspiration but a really great resource and I want readers to be able to use it that way. Along with the revamp will come some exciting new original content and series that I can’t wait to share!
- Layla Grayce items I covet: can honestly say I covet pretty much everything in the ‘home’ category at Layla Grayce! Right now I’m shopping for my new apartment and I’m obsessed with finding the perfect settee for my breakfast nook! I love the high back of the Layla Grayce Norton design – it’s so cozy! Some of my other favorites are the Walnut Center Table and Eloquence Lyon Mirror.