We’re dreaming about a beachy summer getaway and have put together the perfect packing package, complete with a retro-inspired swimsuit, classic monogrammed earrings, preppy striped towel, and cherry-covered basket for toting it all to the shore.
1. Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life 2. Letters by Zoe Initial 14k Gold Earrings 3. Cerise Basket Tote 4. Kate Spade Kaelee Sunglasses 5. Soludos Espadrille Flats 6. Kassatex Cabana Stripe Beach Towel 7. La Mer SPF 50 Daily UV Protecting Fluid 8. Lisa Marie Fernandez Yasmin Swimsuit
So where are you off to this year? We’d love to hear all about your destination and what you’re bringing!! And no matter where you’re headed, this inclusive packing list from The Glitter Guide has you covered. We plan on using this for every trip this season!
Image from: Glitter Guide
Mother’s Day is right around the corner. Yes, really! If you haven’t planned a thing for your fabulous matriarch yet, here’s an idea: put on a picnic to remember! She’ll love a thoughtful meal, pretty table setting, and dining al fresco on her special day. We’ve got just the set-up to get you started.
This bohemian outdoor oasis comes together in a snap. Infuse plush pattern with Loloi cushions and set the scene with a graphic layer like this Aztec rug. Serve your mama’s favorite beverage in an antique-inspired stoneware pitcher, and put bites on display with our Fiorenza cheese board. Don’t forget fresh blooms and other gatherings from the garden!
Of course, the menu is also key. We love a crisp kale salad and a refreshing beverage for this special springtime Sunday.
Strawberry Cucumber Limeade
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup liquid sweetener (agave or honey), or more to taste
- Sparkling water or club soda
- Garnish: lime wedges, fresh mint and strawberries
- In a blender, blend the fresh strawberries until smooth. Pass the puree through a fine sieve and collect strawberry liquid into a medium bowl.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together the water, sugar and lime juice until sugar dissolves.
- Add in the strawberry mixture, cucumbers, ice and liquid sweetener. Top with about a liter of sparkling water or club soda. Mix well and add sweetener to taste.
- Serve with garnishes and enjoy immediately.
Recipe by: White on Rice Couple
for the salad:
- 1 large bunch of kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon, cut into 1″ strips
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1- 15oz. can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
for the dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60ml) minced flat leaf parsley
- Make the dressing: In medium bowl whisk olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, brown sugar, dijon mustard and parsley until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat large cast iron pan or skillet over medium high heat. Cook bacon pieces until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Turn off heat and allow bacon grease to cool until safe to handle (5-10 minutes), and then remove excess bacon grease leaving just enough to coat the pan.
- Re-heat the skillet on medium high, then add garlic and cook until soft, fragrant and translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add kale and cook kale until wilted and tender. Add white beans and Worcestershire sauce and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until beans are heated through.
- Put the kale and beans in a large serving bowl, toss in the bacon and dressing. Serve warm or cold.
A picnic layered with lovely touches is sure to put a smile on your mom’s face. She’ll adore the thoughtful details and pretty set-up, and is sure to be the envy of all your insta-pals. She deserves it!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Unless you’ve been in hiding for the last few years, you’ve witnessed the fabulous Kendra Scott taking over the jewelry game. Sophisticated, glamorous, and unique, this accessory collection’s pieces are some of our most-coveted items. That’s why we’re thrilled to announce a Kendra Scott giveaway!
Here’s the scoop: Buy ANY Kendra Scott piece between January 6th and January 13th and you’re AUTOMATICALLY entered to win a pair of these maven-worthy earrings. There will be TEN winners! Give them to your mom, your MOH, or keep them all for your winning self.
May the Kendra force be with you. Shop now!