It’s time to shed those layers – spring is here in full-force! In honor of warm weather everywhere, we’re showcasing gorgeous tops with killer details, since they will no longer be hidden by our jackets! Our first pick is an anything but basic black blouse. Featuring subtle keyhole openings along the back and small gold studs accenting this detail, the Parker Canyon Black Top is a total show-stopper. Another favorite this season is the Ella Moss Lucie Clip Dot Grey Cami. The flattering racer-back cut and the glimpse of shimmer from the metallic swiss-dot print look stunning with white jeans and a bold statement necklace. To find a top that has details highlighting your best features, be sure to shop all of our tops and tanks.
1. Jessie Steele Floral Apron 2. Antique Rose Blue Tea Pot 3. Rosanna Portico Pink & Grey Bag 4. Lollia Relax Shea Butter Handcreme 5. Tocca Beauty Eau De Parfum 6. Hot Rocks Green Onyx Bangle 7. Drops of Jupiter Early Grey Gold Earrings 8. Jessie Steele Floral Rubber Gloves 9. MOR Cosmetics Tea Cup Candle 10. Damask Bedhead Pajamas
With Mother’s Day quickly approaching (May 12 this year!), we’re all in pursuit of thoughtful, heartfelt and ultra-feminine gifts for mom. Just in time, our team created a list of ten of our Mother’s Day faves. Whether you’re seeking the best kitchen couture for an aunt, some relaxing bath and body products for a sister or a stylish handbag for mom, these top picks will surprise and delight the special women in your life. For our entire Mother’s Day collection, shop our carefully curated boutique!
Rosanna consistently delivers enchanting home decor items and these Alphabet Trinket Trays are no exception. Consider one as a gift for mom this Mother’s Day. If you’re feeling especially generous buy her a special new “trinket” to go along with it so her tray doesn’t have to sit empty for long. Each letter features its own unique design, so snag several and spell out something sweet!
Happy April! As the days get sunnier and warmer I’m always reminded that it’s almost Mother’s Day. This year it will be on Sunday, May 12th, so mark your calendars and start shopping for something sweet for the woman who taught you everything.
As an only child, I always look forward to this day to share with my mom. I consider myself something of an expert at planning special days for the two of us. She planned so many wonderful birthdays and special occasions for me as a little girl and now I love getting to plan things for her. We’re planning my wedding together right now actually!
So as an expert, let me suggest a few good ideas for Mother’s Day shopping. Wouldn’t this Petunia Pickle Bottom Diaper Bag be such a cute springy carry all for a new mom? And whether new mom or seasoned expert, every woman will enjoy the beautiful new pieces from Kendra Scott. And a word of advice, skip the breakfast in bed. She’ll end up with a mess to clean up!
Layla Grayce is proud to support Mothers & More, a 25-year-old non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of mothers through support, education and advocacy. In addition to providing educational resources to help women increase their financial awareness, confidence and control, Mothers & More created Power of a Purse in 2009 to spotlight mothers’ economic issues in part by collecting new and gently used purses for mothers in need.
Through April 30, Mothers & More is hosting a writing contest in celebration of Power of a Purse, inviting contestants to share how the mission of Power of a Purse resonates with them through their own “purse-onal” story. Whether it’s a story about money struggles you’ve faced in the past, your daily task of managing a household on a budget, saving for retirement or paying for your children’s college, we strongly encourage those of you with a “purse-onal” story to enter the contest for a chance to win..
- 300 words or less
- Email entries to email@example.com
- Entries must be received no later than April 30, 2013
For more entry details, please visit the contest web page.
To learn more about the campaign, visit Power of a Purse 2013 on Mothers & More’s national website.
Vintage lace detailing and a pastel palette make Beyond Vintage one of our most-loved lines for spring. The feminine detailing and the soft flowing silhouette provide intrigue to their classic silk tops. One of our favorite pieces is the Sabola Embroidered Top. Needlepoint was a big trend on the runways, and we adore this simplified version. We also love the Lace Trim Ivory Shirt. Dress this top up with a blazer and skirt for work, or wear it casually with a great pair of skinny jeans. Any piece that can transition easily from day to night gets our stamp of approval. Beyond Vintage is known for amazing swiss-dot printed silks, and the Crochet Applique Ivory Tunic does not disappoint! A perfect blend of sweet and sophisticated, this top is sure to be a favorite in your wardrobe this spring. To see more vintage inspired looks, shop the Beyond Vintage collection.
1. Jonathan Adler Louis Navy Arm Chair 2. Regeant Kiwi Arm Chair 3. Milan Dining Chair 4. Eloquence Louis Cane Carver Dining Chair 5. Gabby Furniture Oak chair 6. Stanley Signatures Continuum Fret Back Arm Chair 7. Aidan Gray Furniture Coyle Dining Chair 8. Noir Isabella White Wash Arm Chair 9. Abigail Side Chair 10. Global Views Furniture Vintage Blue Arm Chair
Antique reproduction, transitional, modern, cottage…with so many options to choose from, the search for the perfect dining or living room chairs can be a challenge. So to start the weekend off right and help make your hunt a bit easier, we created a diverse sampling of ten of our favorite vintage, contemporary and transitional side and arm chairs. Looking for more options? Continue shopping our entire collection!
Event design, styling and photography: Kate Landers
Event design, styling and photography: Kate Landers
Event design, styling and photography: Kate Landers
There are so many events in life, big and small, worth celebrating. This is Kate Landers, here to share with you a personal event, along with some tips on creating your own simple and unique party.
Our son Noah was diagnosed with severe plagiocephaly and torticollis as an infant, and underwent treatment including a helmet. You can read about our story here.
When Noah completed his physical therapy and helmet treatment, we decided to host a little celebration! You can also celebrate your own “Hooray!” moments, such as running in a charity race, performing in a recital or finishing a thesis, with very little prep time. Here’s how we did it:
1. Simple Decorations: In our light green and blue color scheme, we decided on two simple decorations for Noah’s party: Fluffy tissue poms on the cake table and surrounding floor (no need to hang from the ceiling with fishing line – this kept set up very quick) and a “Hooray for Noah!” garland.
2. Handmade Party Products: Handmade party products are on-trend, whether you craft them yourself or support your favorite handmade party business. My dear and incredibly talented friends of Icing Designs custom-created pennant garlands with festoon trim, ruffled crepe and hand-glittered letters, along with matching invitations, cake topper and rosette pins reading “Hooray for Noah!” for guests to wear.
3. Ruffled Cake: If you follow wedding and party sites, you’ve probably seen many ruffle frosted cakes. Whether frosted on the sides, top or all over, they add a festive touch. We went with a pale blue cake ruffled only on the sides so the cake topper would stand out.
4. Bamboo Cutlery & Paper Party Products: Finally, opt for simple and classic paper party products! I love using the ever-popular bamboo cutlery at my events. We kept ours plain, but there are many options to decorate with tape, stamps, glitter and more. In addition, we used rectangular paper plates with coordinating napkins. The best part? Each place setting fit perfectly into a darling matching paper favor bag, creating a pretty display of meal essentials that guests could easily grab. Noah absolutely LOVED sliding the plates in and out of the bags, so it served as a surprise dose of entertainment for the littlest guests!
Lastly, don’t stress with steaming those fabric table linens… a simple white table works perfectly. We even repurposed a desk drawer to display the place setting pouches as described above. These touches kept everything so simple, especially due to a quick and easy set up and clean up!
I am THRILLED to say that Noah’s helmet is nothing but a memory now, and we cannot wait for our next “Hooray!” moment as an opportunity to gather loved ones and enjoy cake and laughter.
- Styling, Design & Photography: Kate Landers
- Banner & Cake Topper: Icing Designs
- Party Supplies: Happy Wish Company
Wrap yourself and your loved ones in the luxurious and soft-as-a-cloud comfort of Barefoot Dreams throw blankets, clothing and robes.
Barefoot Dreams’ blankets are hand-constructed to achieve ultimate softness, including styles especially designed to keep little ones warm and cozy. Available in a variety of colors and patterns, the Nap-to-Go Velvet Cloud blanket, CozyChic Dream receiving blanket and Cloud Patchwork receiving blankets are sure to become your baby boy or girl’s favorite cuddly companion.
Keep a kid-sized bath robe on-hand to provide warmth after a shower or summer swim. And, make sure to add the CozyChic cardigan to your toddler’s winter wardrobe for an adorable cover-up in the style of a classic-cut button down sweater. The best part? They’re washable and dryable!
Of course, remember to indulge in a robe for yourself as well! If you ask us, slipping into a sumptuous robe is the perfect way to start and end any day. Featured on Oprah’s “Favorite Things Holiday Show,” the robes available from Barefoot Dreams will ensure your mornings and evenings are nothing but luxurious. Plus, they make a memorable gift for both men and women as well.
When it comes to your newborn baby, only the best will do. Barefoot Dreams’ Infant Gown and Hat Deluxe set is made with the finest milk jersey fabric. The gown’s embroidered “hello world” satin patch also pairs beautifully with the “happy girl” embroidered hat, ensuring it – along with any Barefoot Dreams style you may choose – will become a snuggly and sentimental favorite.
Layla Grayce is pleased to offer free shipping on all Barefoot Dreams orders over $50 (sale items excluded)! Browse our complete collection of Barefoot Dreams.
Maybe it’s the longer days or the slightly warmer weather, but there’s something about April that brings out a desire to brighten our décor with a bold palette and fun graphics. Company C’s new collection of area rugs, throw pillows and blankets has us floored with mesmerizing patterns and vibrant hues for the entire home.
Motivated to add some color, but don’t want to change your entire room? Swapping out a rug or tossing in a throw blanket immediately energizes a space with fresh and distinctive style. Company C’s latest line of cozy woven blankets delivers soft texture to a sofa, chair or bed in an array of rich hues.
On-trend and perfect for spring, the bright fuchsia, orange and green hues and the funky zigzag print of their chevron rug add unexpected pizazz to the home this season.
Ready to spruce up your space? Shop the entire inviting and evocative Company C home textile and accessory collection.