I’ve always been a sucker for stripes…whether Parisian or preppy, nautical or Jackie-O-inspired, they always feel fresh & serve as one of my favorite design elements. Camille Styles here, with this week’s trend in interiors, fashion and entertaining, and today I’ve chosen a few of my favorite things that boast this pattern. Punch up a neutral room with a bold navy & white Oilo pendant or a cheerful DwellStudio pillow. And since stripes are both casual & classic, they’re perfect for infusing into summer party details…dress up drinks with punchy striped straws, and delight guests by cutting into a layer cake that reveals a stripe-y surprise!
Posts Tagged ‘Camille Styles’
Does anybody else out there feel like numbers don’t get used nearly enough in prints & decor? Camille Styles here with this week’s trend in interiors, fashion and entertaining, and right now I’m loving the 1, 2, 3’s. Even if math was never your strongest subject, this is one look that suits just about anyone. I’m especially loving the rustic twist a simple stamped number can add to a pillow or storage crate, and the art deco feel it can give a cardigan. And of course, is there any better way to stay organized than counting off your favorite bowls & containers?
Is there any color combination more soothing than seafoam green & turquoise? Camille Styles here with this week’s trend in interiors, fashion and entertaining, and today today I’m sharing some of my favorite decor pieces in cool shades of blue & green. Nothing brings life to a room like a chic printed wallpaper, and I’m loving the Passion Lily pattern from Amy Butler. Throw in a stunning teal accent chair and a blue vase to tranquilize your home, while a pair of Jeanine earrings in Kiwi keep you stylishly serene around the clock. You may not be collecting sea glass along the shore, but who says you can’t still have a zen summer?
Are all of you embracing this summer’s bright, happy hues as much as I am? Camille Styles here with this week’s trend in interiors, fashion and entertaining, and today I’ve chosen a few of my favorite things in juicy shades of citrus and coral. Wouldn’t Kendra Scott’s Fina earrings be the perfect accessory for a boho dress and sunkissed skin (spray-on, of course!) Ditto with flat orange sandals, perfect for a day at the beach or dancing the night away. These shades will electrify any outfit, punch up the color in a room and provide an instant mood booster…not to mention the fact that tangerine is a natural complement for every skin tone!
I’m always drawn to colors and patterns that play off elements from nature, and this season’s trend towards sea & sky imagery has me particularly enamored. Camille Styles here with this week’s trend in interiors, fashion and entertaining, and today’s style board has me dreaming of the Mediterranean. Last summer, I spent a week in Santorini, and I’ll never forget the deep azure blue of the sea against the white stucco-covered hillsides and cerulean sky. These pieces definitely channel that carefree vibe: don a dress that’s fitting for a Greek goddess, and bring a little island life into your living room with this stunning Arteriors lamp. Stay-cation, anyone?
Like white denim and seersucker, gingham is one of those patterns that signals spring’s arrival! Camille Styles here with this week’s trend in interiors, fashion and entertaining, and I can’t think of a more fitting pattern to welcome the month of May. A little bit preppy and very on-trend, gingham evokes such iconic summer images as fried chicken picnics, lemonade stands and catching fireflies at dusk. By the way, I happen to own two of the “perfect shirts” from J. Crew, and the fit is, well, absolute perfection.
Who’s ready for a bit of sand & surf to brighten up this Tuesday morning?! Camille Styles here, and I couldn’t be more excited for the first edition of our “Camille Spies” series, where I’ll be sharing the latest trends in home, fashion and entertaining. First up: sun-drenched surfer girl style, in popsicle shades of raspberry and orange crush. Don a sporty bikini and can’t-miss-‘em shades, and dress the sofa with psychedelic throw pillows that scream Cali cool. Adorn the table with single hibiscus blossoms to be instantly transported to Maui…especially when accompanied by a cool glass of berry lemonade in hand.
Clockwise from top: Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Hillier Hob Bag in Cream, Laura Mercier bronzer, Maybelline “The Colossal” Mascara, signature colors of nay, white and linen, DL Rhein Double Conch Embroidered Pillow, DL Rhein Sea Grass Embroidered Pillow, Aidan Gray Eli Dining Arm Chair in Dark Linen, Lyon Mirror
We’ve long admired the savvy styling of Camille Styles, from her candy-colored bejeweling for the Kendra Scott Flagship Store Grand Opening to her chic sophistication in Monochromatic Monday blog posts. We’re thrilled to bring her talent to the Layla Grayce Backroom Blog as a contributor spotting trends and translating them to fashion, home interiors, entertaining and lifestyle. Join us for Camille Talks Trends on 1st and 3rd Tuesdays each month! Camille shares her signature style with us today:
Give us a peek into your personal style, faves, inspirations and guilty pleasures!
- My signature touch on my styling: In my job, I design events with drastically different looks since my goal is making my client’s unique vision come alive. But for my own parties and interior design, I definitely gravitate towards the “orglamic” look (organic meets glamorous!) I love combining natural materials like wood and coral with gilded, sparky accents.
- What are your best tips for incorporating trends? Although I do gravitate towards timeless pieces in fashion and interior design, I love staying current on trends so that my look always feels fresh! For me, trends are about being unafraid to take some risks and always having fun with style. No need to take it too seriously! My typical uniform is a classic look, like a great white shirt and perfect-fitting dark jeans, paired with a trendier handbag and bold colorful jewelry.
- Signature colors: White, “Linen,” and Navy.
- I am inspired by: Traveling to new cities (esp. Mexico, Italy, and Paris!)
- Favorite Layla Grayce items you’d want in your home: Aidan Gray Eli Dining Arm Chair in Dark Linen, Lyon Mirror and the entire line of DL Rhein ocean-inspired pillows.
- Favorite coffee table book: Vanity Fair: The Portraits
- I cannot live without: My iPhone, Bliss Hand Creme and a Pilates Mat.
- Beauty product I use everyday: Laura Mercier bronzer and Maybelline “The Colossal” Mascara in black.
- Cause I care deeply about: Finding a cure for cancer, and supporting the needs of millions of cancer survivors. Livestrong is based here in Austin (where I live) and it’s amazing to be part of what the organization is doing to change the world.
- My favorite guilty pleasures: Oh no, so many! Reality TV (Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and The Bachelor), Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, and weekly manicures.
- Signature fashion item: Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Hillier Hob Bag in Cream – goes with everything, works for every season and holds a TON.
- Websites or Blogs I frequent: coco+kelley for interior design inspiration, The Glamourai for fashion ideas, 101 Cookbooks for healthy recipes, and of course I’m working at CamilleStyles.com many, many times daily.
- 5 things that are in my handbag right now: iPhone, business cards, Burts Bees Lip Shimmer in watermelon, big black sunglasses, notebook for jotting down inspiration.
- You’d be surprised to know: I went to a semester of culinary school last year!
- If I could have a super power it would be: Having an amazing singing voice. Mine is so awful, that being the next Alicia Keys truly would be a true miracle!
Congrats to Jennifer Minter, our winner of this Sweet Ballerina!