Clockwise from top: Moroccan oil, Arteriors Jarrod Carved Wood and Mirror Pendant, Rikshaw Design Children’s Romper, Catherine and Jumby, Bungalow 5 Jacqui Console Table, Rajasthan by Pauline Van Lynden, J. Crew Gladiator Sandals
Rikshaw Design Goa Twin Bedding Set
Rikshaw Design Sunhat, Rikshaw Design Booti Turquoise Kurta Tunic, Rikshaw Design Udaipur Green Bloomers
Rikshaw Design Taj Pink Crib Bedding Set
Catherine Fitzsimmons of Rikshaw Design has a knack for designing charming prints that bring a Bohemian flair to both home decor and apparel. A spontaneous adventurer, Catherine first became captivated by the tradition of block-printing while visiting India. “Watching the Indian artisans create gorgeous block printed textiles in person left me mesmerized”, says Catherine. “I fell in love with the imperfections of a block print, the saturated colors, and the true artistry and dedication that it takes to finish just one meter of fabric. I instantly knew that I wanted to incorporate those techniques with my design sensibility for pattern and color, to create a line that would be loved both by the child as well as the parent. While our customers might first be drawn in by the prints and color palette, they are won over by our quality- each piece is soft, comfortable, and truly get better with age.” Catherine created Rikshaw Design in 2008 and we are thrilled to offer her Bohemian inspired collection of bedding for the crib and home, children’s accessories and clothing.
What’s your best tip for bringing the boho vibe into our decor and homes?
My best tip is there aren’t any rules! Mix old with new, layer patterns and textures and make sure it has a relaxed, comfortable feel.
Give us a peek into your style obsessions, faves, inspirations and guilty pleasures!
- Signature colors: For interiors I love a pop of orange and hot pink, but I generally wear cool colors like greens and blues.
- Favorite Rikshaw design: I love the new children’s romper, it’s too cute for words! And I am also really pleased with the new prints for our women’s kurtas this year.
- Favorite Layla Grayce items you’d want in your home: Arteriors Jarrod Carved Wood and Mirror Pendant and the Bungalow 5 Jacqui Console Table
- Favorite coffee table books: Rajasthan by Pauline Van Lynden is a beauty… full of beautiful Indian color!
- Signature fashion look: Tucker blouse, Ernest Sewn jeans, fun strappy gladiator heels from J. Crew.
- Favorite beauty product: Moroccan oil – gives me the perfect beach hair.
- I cannot live without: My dog Jumby.
- My favorite place on earth: I am not sure I have been there yet, but a white sandy beach with nothing to do but stare out at turquoise water is pretty amazing.
- My favorite guilty pleasures: Bubble baths and reality tv.
- A superpower I would love to have: To be able to time travel!
IT’S GIVEAWAY TIME
Get the boho casual look with Catherine’s favorite kurtas sized for the younger set! Enter to win 2 Rikshaw Design children’s kurtas in the prints of your choice by leaving a comment below or on our Facebook page telling us what your favorite Rikshaw Design product is. Enter before the end of the day Wednesday, 3/23/11.
Congrats to Tiffany S., the winner of the Rikshaw Design giveaway!