We love Jody’s classic sense of style. Her dream bedroom looks elegant and relaxed, which we think suites her to a T. The gorgeous Gabby collection she singled out is one of Layla Grayce’s defining lines – we can’t get enough of it, either!
Posts Tagged ‘Gabby’
Despite being just a year old, home furnishings company Gabby is well versed in exceptional furniture design. Creating decor with a story, unexpected details hallmark the line of antique reproductions, charming us with the use of reclaimed wood, distressed finishes and nailhead trim. We’re thrilled to be the first online retailer with the opportunity to share this collection. Let’s meet the inspirational force behind it, William Bew White IV!
Give us a taste of Gabby’s beginnings, your faves & inspirations
- Gabby began when: About 3 years ago, I felt unfulfilled in my career. I had a great job but didn’t have a passion for my work. My father’s business Summer Classics (an outdoor furniture company) began importing a variety of case goods from Asia and Europe as complementary accessories to their furniture. I brought together my desire to build my own business and my desire to work with my father, and decided to quit my current job to create Gabby under the umbrella of Summer Classics. I studied the market, developed design, traveled all over Asia visiting factories and despite the difficulties of the recession, launched Gabby in Atlanta.
- Gabby got its name from: Gabriella is a family name belonging to my late grandmother, my sister and my niece. The Gabby name has all of the elements of a good brand. It is short, simple, easy to remember, and it is a family business. We also hope that our customers and prospects always “gab” about our products in a positive way. We want every piece to make a statement and to be talked about.
- My signature colors are: I’m big on neutral colors with some gilded and silver-leafed finishes. I usually dress casual and comfortable. I guess this translates into our casual style of our furniture. The relaxed look is trending.
- Favorite coffee table book: The New Eighteenth-Century Style: Rediscovering a French Décor, by Michele Lalande. I find myself looking through this book all of the time. It’s French and eclectic, just my style.
- I can’t live without: My beautiful wife, my beautiful baby girl, chocolate, beer.
- Cause I care deeply about: I’ve been involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters for almost 8 years now. Being a mentor to an underprivileged child is quite rewarding.
- A superpower I would love to have: The ability to have any superpower. Why not? If I had to choose one it would be time travel.
WILLIAM’S FAVORITE GABBY PIECES
- Athena Chandelier – Quatrefoils are showing up in a lot of designs right now and we have worked on incorporating them into several pieces. I really like how our new Athena Chandelier turned out. It has a modern feel but with a rusty black finish. I think I’ll take one.
- The Caroline Chest – We had the idea of pressing painted burlap fabric to this beautifully beaded wood chest. The fabric adds a touch of sophistication and texture and really works well with the French provincial hardware and natural limed top. I liked it so much I named it after my daughter!
- The Kate Linen Table – The original idea came from one of my mother’s antique tables. The combination of the reclaimed pine base, the linen top with nailhead trim, and the glass top make it one of my favorites. Thanks for the idea, Mom!
- The Martel Chair – You might not think it from looking at it, but in my opinion, this metal chair is the most comfortable in the collection. The simple lines mixed with a soft linen make the Martel an instant classic. It’s the perfect pitch!
IT’S GIVEAWAY TIME: Giveaway for those with the “gift of the gab!” William is graciously offering one lucky reader $500 of Gabby furnishings. Tell us below or on Facebook your favorite Gabby item and then “gab” about it on your blog, Facebook page or Twitter tagging Layla Grayce @laylagrayce and Gabby @gabbydecor, and you’re automatically entered to win. Contest closes at end of day, Wednesday, May 25.
Our lucky winner is Amy Regnier who gets $500 toward her Gabby purchase for “gabbing” that her favorite is this versatile Nathalie table as a stylish solution to her home’s space issues. Congrats Amy!