Taking hold of the latest trends in home décor, our new Layla Grayce custom upholstery puts a 21st century spin on traditional tufting and nailhead trim. Spring finds silhouettes streamlined for modern appeal, as button tufting dresses the furniture with a hint of glam. Naihead trim has made its way from functionality to flair with statement-making patterns that define the contemporary lines. We’ve made it easy to see the way these and other noteworthy trends are interpreted in our newly organized Shop by Trends categories where you’ll find Nailheads, Tufted, Moroccan Spice and Weathered Beach.
Posts Tagged ‘Layla Grayce’
When Kermit the frog said “it’s not easy being green” he wasn’t talking about shopping! Manufacturers are producing eco-friendly products that don’t scrimp on style so you can make peace with both your outer diva and your inner Earth mama. Our top 10 ideas for smart shopping:
- Reduce: Toxins and lead are so last century. Look for items that are PVC-free, utilize low-impact dyes, water-based finishes and organic fabrics.
- Reuse: From grocery bags to snack packs to aluminum water bottles, chic reusable options tame the crinkle of plastic in your life.
- Repurpose: Going beyond grandma’s patchwork quilt, repurposing remnants has become an artform adding eclectic charm to everyday items. Felted wool from yesterday’s sweaters makes its way to children’s apparel and décor. Yarn samples prove an artful touch to blankets and throw pillows. And the list goes on…
- Replant: Watch for vendors who take care in using renewable wood from certifiably sustainable forests and who offer 1 for 1 planting programs.
- Restore: Nostalgic treasures from yesterday are being uncovered and refurbished for the modern home.
- Recycle: Packaging counts too and many vendors are using up to 100% recycled products in packaging or are offering heirloom gift packaging for storing your purchase when not being used.
- Responsible: Social and environmental responsibility go hand in hand in companies that seek to be world-friendly. Look for companies that care by giving back to the communities that make their product.
- Rethink: Nothing fills up landfills faster than items purchased because they were a “great deal.” Buy fewer but better, investing in well-made pieces you love that will stand the test of time.
- Reward: Let your dollar speak by finding environmentally responsible companies who consider the global impact of their business.
We left #10 blank for you. What changes have you made to become more eco-friendly?
Congrats to our winner Jenny D, the winner of the Bella Notte Peony organic cotton/linen duvet.
Serena Drum Chandelier from Oly Studio in Tiffany’s newly decorated home
Layla Grayce co-founder Tiffany Harris is our resident design maven, interior designer and certified color consultant. While she can often be found scouting the shows for the latest trends and new products, today she takes a few moments to share her love of LG, what inspires her and also gives us a sneak peek into her newly decorated home (which of course features some of her favorite Layla Grayce products!)
What’s been the best part of starting Layla Grayce?
The relationships we have built with our vendors, customers and employees have been the best part. Layla Grayce wouldn’t be where we are today without all of the support from them as well as our families. Also the ability to go to work each day and build a business I am passionate about is a dream come true. It is an immense amount of work to run your own business, but it is also very rewarding to look back at where we started and how much we have grown.
What has surprised you most, how is LG different than you expected?
Well to start, it has been a lot harder to create an online business than ever expected. When we started almost 7 years ago, there weren’t other online stores like us so we didn’t know what we were getting ourselves into. But once we began building Layla Grayce, there was no stopping us (and still isn’t!) Being your own boss means that you are typically the last one to leave at night, work on weekends and also while on vacation. You imagine that if you run your own business you can come and go as you please, but the reality is that finding and making time to spend with family and friends is often the greatest challenge.
Describe your style in 5 words or less.
I’m going to stretch this one a little bit – 5 words just isn’t enough! Traditional-modern, vintage-inspired, eclectic, serene, inviting.
Give us a peek into your style obsessions, faves, inspirations and guilty pleasures!
- Signature colors: White, grey, camel, linen, seaglass blue, navy blue, splash of hot pink or yellow.
- Favorite Layla Grayce items for the home: Dakota Sofa by Oly Studio, Serena Drum Chandelier from Oly Studio and Jamie Young Mother of Pearl Lamp.
- Favorite item under $100: Lollia – I am obsessed with the entire “In-Love” collection, but I think the Sea Salt Sachet Set makes a great gift and the packaging is sublime!
- Favorite coffee table books: Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People, Hue by Kelly Wearstler and Classic Homes of Los Angeles by Douglas Woods.
- Favorite fashion item: shoes – without a doubt.
- I cannot live without: my iphone, laptop, dvr, vitamin water and the ocean.
- My favorite place on earth: sitting on the beach, preferably in Hawaii, reading a book next to my sweet husband.
- My favorite guilty pleasures: gelato and salty chips.
- I am inspired by: my parents, my husband and being of service to those less fortunate.
- A cause I care deeply about: Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles, 5 Acres.org.
- You’d be surprised to know: I enjoy watching ice hockey and formula 1 racing, love warm weather surfing and oil painting.
IT’S GIVEAWAY TIME
We are “So in Love” – with Tiffany’s favorite Lollia collection! Enter to win the 4 piece set shown at left by leaving a comment below or on our Facebook page before the end of the day Tuesday, 2/8/11.
Congrats to Dana Smyth, the winner of the Lollia In Love collection.
We’d like to wish a very Happy New Year to all our new friends, customers, vendors, fans and families! 2010 was a tremendous year for Layla Grayce, and we’re excited to see what the coming year has in store. As always, we kicked off the New Year watching the 122nd Annual Rose Parade from the windows of our Pasadena office. Paula Deen was the Grand Marshall this year, with a parade theme of “Building Dreams, Friendships and Memories”. What a perfect goal for 2011! From all of us at Layla Grayce, here’s to a happy and healthy New Year filled with laughter, love and precious moments. Cheers!
What a wonderful way for us to commemorate our 6 year anniversary – with the InStyle stamp of approval! We are beyond flattered to have been named as one of the “Best Online Shopping” sites for 2010 in the home shopping category. From the November 2010 issue:
“You know that feeling you get when you discover a Web site that’s… awesome? Maybe it sells cool labels you’ve never heard of, or it’s brilliantly designed, or the prices are just plain irresistible. For the past year we’ve been surfing 24/7 in search of the real standouts in fashion, beauty and home. These are the ones that stopped us in our tracks. Prepare to Bookmark…
…. Not So Shabby Chic Decor: LaylaGrayce.com
Transform your digs into a breezy cottage retreat with tufted linen headboards, handpainted French chests, and gilded mirrors. For crafty types, there are plenty of elegant fabric options, from Annette Tatum to Bella Notte.”
We truly are honored, InStyle! We are passionately committed to finding unique and noteworthy product collections for the home, for children and women, as well as showcasing them on a website that reflects the creativity and style of our loyal customers. Thank you InStyle, we appreciate the recognition!
With holiday entertaining around the corner, we’re looking for stylish ways to dress up a table to impress our guests. Maureen Anders and Adria Ruff, designers and co-founders of Anders Ruff Custom Designs, have created a classic Fall Harvest printable collection in earthy hues to add a special touch whether you’re sharing cupcakes at a school event or hosting a formal Thanksgiving feast. Here’s an exclusive first peek for Layla Grayce readers along with tips from Anders Ruff for transforming your table wear for the special occasion. And read on for details of a generous giveaway!
- Involve the whole family or even your guests in the design. Spend the month completing “I am Thankful” cards and use as part of the display – we strung them along the dessert table with natural twine and old-fashioned clothespins. We also displayed apples from a recent apple-picking trip on candleholders for a pop of color.
- Wrapping paper and patterned papers are an excellent and economical embellishment to use on table tops, buffets and box risers (see the dessert table). We wanted to use antique irish linens to keep with tradition, but created a rustic feel by making a table runner with a textured craft wrapping paper. The theme was carried to the favor, drink and dessert tables as well.
- Canning jars make perfect favor containers. We involved the children in making homemade cranberry applesauce. To make our favor unique, we layered in cranberry sauce into the jars to create a beautiful layering effect. We personalized and coordinated the lid with a logo from our collection.
- Dressing up your everyday dishes with a custom fabric charger gives a dramatic effect without breaking the bank. We secured burlap to cardboard cake rounds to make these chargers.
- Backdrops are a great way to transform your room for a thanksgiving feast. Find fabric and cover a large canvas or duct board (found at any hardware store) to create a dessert or food buffet backdrop. Tie in colors from your backdrop onto your tabletop.
- Consider a cider and wine bar for your beverage stand. We served spiced cider from an oversize Ball glass container. We dressed up Ball glass mugs with a stick of cinnamon and coordinated printed paper, and also detailed the wine bottles with raffia and logos from our collection.
It’s giveaway time! Anders Ruff is generously offering one lucky winner the entire Fall Harvest collection and this Customized Invitation Design (includes Anders Ruff personalization services). To enter, tell us your favorite thing about fall here or on our Facebook page. Contest ends at 6pm EST on Friday, October 15.
Congrats to Marissa, winner of our Anders Ruff giveaway!
Photography by Becca Bond Photography
Think of a dream carrier for a new baby – what would make it perfect? How about something that is comfortable for both mom (or dad, grandma, whomever) and baby, brings the two of you closer together and soothes fussy babies. It should be easy to wash AND simplify life for mom, allowing her to be uniquely close to baby while remaining hands free to do daily tasks, gentle workouts and breastfeed with ease. Sounds impossible, but Moby Wraps truly do all that and more. Uniquely designed without cumbersome padding, snaps or belts, Moby Wraps are easy to adjust and accommodate different positions and holds based on baby’s age and weight. Made from soft, slightly stretchy cotton, Moby Wraps have a devoted following who will gladly tell you what they love most Moby Wraps and baby wearing. We’re fans of how they can be used for skin to skin “kangaroo care” for newborns and still be used until baby is up to 35 pounds. Read more about these innovative wraps here and shop for your favorite color at Layla Grayce.
To celebrate our 6 Year Anniversary, it’s 20% off everything* in the store for one week!
Enter code: celebrate6. Promotion ends Sunday, Oct 17th at midnight. *Coupon may not be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other promotion. Excludes AFK Art for Kids, Annette Tatum, Bella Notte, Company C, Petunia Pickle Bottom, Stanley Young America and Layla Grayce gift certificates. Start shopping!
One lucky winner will receive a Petunia Pickle Bottom Sightseer Baby Carrier in the Tour in Yoshino pattern. To enter, leave a comment below or on our Facebook page telling us about where you would MOST like to be carried away to! Contest ends Friday, Sept 17th at 6pm EST.
We have a a winner – congrats to Ms. Erin Ferguson! Thanks to all of you for contributing!
A true classic, we love how the range of blues spanning from navy to midnight and indigo to ink mix with other colors to create a striking statement. Fresh and crisp with white, navy takes on an air of preppy sass paired with pink or green; goes richly traditional with a palette of cream, gold and linen. Shop all navy items here.