Clockwise from top right: Oly Studio Grayson Chandelier, Dabney Lee Personalized Large Lucite Tray, Laura Mercier concealer, Nars blush, DwellStudio weekender bag, Typeface: Classic Typography for Contemporary Design by Tamye Riggs, 1000 Fonts: An Illustrated Guide to Finding the Right Typeface by Bon Gordon
Dabney Lee Personalized Salt and Pepper Shakers and Personalized Ice Bucket
Dabney Lee Personalized Square Lucite Tray
Designer Dabney Lee Woglom brings together her love of bright colors, bold patterns and fun fonts to create her signature Dabney Lee collection of home and paper goods. And we are equally enamored with the endless ways you can personalize her pieces to match your own style as we are with Dabney’s colorful, fun personality. Let’s get to know her better!
As someone who says “color has no rules,” what tips do you have for making the most of color in our homes?
I have always loved color and been drawn to bright, bold pattern! I think mixing and matching patterns is such a fun way to decorate and define your personal style. Since my hubby isn’t as much of a fan of bold colors, I love pairing a pop of color with a neutral in our home. I recently had some pillows made with our fabric and they turned out fabulous. We used tangerine, gray and robin’s egg. The result was stunning and we were both happy.
Give us a peek into your personal style, faves, inspirations and guilty pleasures!
- Signature color: It’s always been bright green, although I am seriously loving orange right now. Basically any bright colors are my favorite!
- Favorite Dabney Lee design: Our trays are my most favorite piece we offer. I love how versatile they are and Lucite is a major obsession of mine.
- Favorite Layla Grayce items I crave for my home: The Oly Studio Grayson Chandelier… OMG…. I die! Also the DwellStudio weekender bag. We have triplets so this is the perfect bag for weekend getaways with the babies.
- I can’t live without: My hubby + babies! And diet coke!
- Signature fashion look: Right now I am living in white jeans and tunics… it’s my easy + chic summer style. I love this tunic in pebble from Calypso.
- Favorite coffee table book: 1000 Fonts: An Illustrated Guide to Finding the Right Typeface by Bon Gordon. I am obsessed with fonts, so this is my favorite book right now. I can seriously drool over the pages for hours and hours. Also Typeface: Classic Typography for Contemporary Design by Tamye Riggs which I bought for Rachael (our director of production who also shares a healthy font obsession). I almost couldn’t give it to her because I wanted it for myself!
- Beauty products I use daily: I swear by my Laura Mercier concealer. I also love my Nars blush in “orgasm”… the name just cracks me up!
- You’d be surprised to know: I met my husband in a bar when we lived in California. He sent me over a shot and it was love at first sight! Now we live in Brooklyn with our 16 month old triplets and 2 cats. It just goes to show, you never know who you’ll meet on a random Thursday night out with your girlfriends!
SERVING UP OUR LATEST GIVEAWAY
Dabney Lee is graciously offering her favorite Lucite Tray to one lucky winner (choose one of 39 fab, colorful background patterns and the monogram style of your choice). Since Dabney Lee is such a lover of typefaces, to enter this giveaway you’ll have to let us know what YOUR favorite font is. Comment below or on our Facebook and you’re entered to win. Contest closes at end of the day, Wednesday, June 8th.