Living and working in the Big Apple by way of California, Charles Fernandez enjoys everything New York City has to offer and finds inspiration in the city’s buildings, people, style and design every day. As a Freelance Market Editor for magazines like Real Simple, Charles always finds it a thrill scouring the home and fashion markets looking for what’s fresh, new and exciting. More than a job, it’s all about the joy of helping his readers stay informed on the latest trends, and guiding them towards the best products to purchase that will be worth their time and money.
Give us a peek into your personal style, faves and hot trends to watch out for!
- My signature colors: Off-white, black, navy, and brown.
- 5 things in my messenger bag right now: Mr. Emergency Kit, Pocket Mirror, Orbitz peppermint gum, Ray Ban sunglasses and an umbrella.
- Trends I have my eye on: Camouflage, floral prints, bright colors (coral, purple, royal blue) and tortoise print/pattern.
- The superpower I would love to have: Invisibility.
- I can’t live without: A fabulous, utilitarian bag.
- My favorite place on Earth is: At home in California.
- Music I am listening to right now: Kanye West and Jay-Z’s “Watch The Throne” album.
- Layla Grayce items I covet: The Lucille White Sofa, Bauhaus Tall Boy in Mahogany and Cream and Gilt One of a Kind Vintage Bed.