JR. GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Location: Remote/Telecommute, California or Georgia residency (Based in Atlanta is preferred, but not mandatory)
Layla Grayce and Zinc Door seek a creative, conceptual and self-motivated Junior Graphic Designer to manage and execute design projects for a variety of needs across both brands, including email campaigns, website and blog design, static and animated banner ads, magazine print ads, marketing needs and more. The right candidate must convey highly effective design skills with a strong ability to develop concepts and layouts that visually, strategically and accurately represent each distinct brand's unique and established aesthetic.
A degree in graphic design, web design or related field with at least two years' experience designing professionally is a must. Candidate must possess knowledge and experience of Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on Photoshop and Illustrator on Mac OSX, as well as skill in photo editing and color correction. A strong portfolio with applicable work and typography skills is required.
Additionally, the ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, virtual team environment, exhibit a strong, focused work ethic and possess efficient and organized leadership and project management skills. The ability to hit tight deadlines, maintain strong attention to detail, a proactive attitude, resourcefulness and flexibility are essential. Preferably, the right person will present a passion for interiors and knowledge of the industry. Experience in retail is a plus, but not mandatory. This position reports directly to the Lead Designer and is part-time with a set schedule.
Note: Part of Layla Grayce and Zinc Door's virtual web team, the position is remote and allows you to work from the comfort of your own home.
Please send resume, portfolio and salary history/requirements to email@example.com
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Development of regular marketing ads for both brands.
- Maintain homepage graphics such as weekly rotating images, toppers and other design elements for both sites
- Update category and homepage thumbnails quarterly
- Weekly conceptualization, design and coding of site blog
- Conceptualization and development of marketing materials including mailers and social media graphics
- Oversee and organize design projects to ensure deadlines are met across all graphic needs
- Maintain awareness of general consumer, market and retail trends within the industry